You can integrate your Slack account with Fluent Support to send notifications to the Slack Channel and keep your support agents more active.
Get Notifications In Slack #
- To integrate Fluent Support with Slack you need to create an app in slack from https://api.slack.com & click on the Create an app button. It will bring a pop up, click on From Scratch. Then add your app name and select the workspace to install the app.
- To get notifications only you just have to setup bot permissions from OAuth & Permissions section. From the left sidebar click on OAuth & Permission option, from that page scroll down to Bot Token Scope and click on Add an OAuth Scope button. Type chat:write and select that permission & now scroll to the top of that page and click Install to workspace, it will genarate a bot token copy this one for later use.
- Now you have to add this created app to a existing channel or you can create a new channel and add this created app there. You can keep the channel private or public. If you don’t know how to create a channel in slack then you can visit this link. After creating the channel copy the channel name without the hash(#) (as shown on the screenshot below).
- To get notifications you also need the channel ID to get the channel ID click on the channel name and it will bring a popup, you will get your channel ID at the bottom of this popup so copy this one for later use (as shown on the screenshot below).
- After getting the bot token, Slack Channel Name & Slack Channel ID, move to your Fluent Support Global Settings section click on the Notification Integrations section & paste the copied item in relative fields. After that, enable your Slack Events and Notification to get notified.
- After finishing this steps go to the Channel Details option & click on the Integrations option. Here, you need to click the Add an App button to include your App to the channel you have just created.
Now your Slack bot is ready to send notifications on your channel
Reply Tickets From Slack #
You can make your support system easier by enabling the Reply Ticket From Slack feature. This will help you to reply to your tickets directly from Slack.
- For this feature you have to add Event Subscriptions to your app. Click on the Event Subscriptions from the left side menu of your created app. Enable this event by clicking on the switch button then verify your site URL, you will get the URL from your Slack integration page so copy and paste it to the Request URL.
- After verifying the URL you have to subscribe to Bot Event. For this click on the Subscribe to bot events section and if you are using a private channel then add message.gropus permisson to the bot, however if you are using a public channel then add message.channels permission to the bot. Now you will be able to reply the tickets from slack.
- After that, you have to insert your agent slack member id in there profile. To do this go to the Global Settings then move on to Support Staff section and click on the user profile edit button and insert the Slack User ID in their profile. After doing this your support agent will be able to reply tickets directlyb from Slack.
- To reply ticket from slack just reply to the thread and your ticket will be replied.